Saturday, August 24, 2013

Paul @ ZICS Aug 31st, Brisbane Writers Festival Sept 8th.


Hey All,

Sorry I don't have much time to chat, hope you all are well :D Brisbanites, I do hope if you're out and about next weekend, you'll be stopping by 'The Edge' SLQ at Southbank for the Zine and Indy Comics Symposium, kicking off Friday night and running Saturday and Sunday from 12-6. I've been kindly invited along as a guest, so I'll be either at a table doing sketches, with heaps of prints and some leftover Soldier Legacy and SDCC Folio books from 2012 and 2013 at the table, or I'll be chatting at a couple of panels- one on Saturday and two Sunday. Check out the Schedule above :D

Saturday 4 - 5:30 "Us vs Them"

12:30 - 2:30pm : 30 min. Workshop block in the 12:30-2:30 "Skillz 2 pay the Billz" (1pm, but stick around for the others)

2:45 - 4:00pm "Voices- Message based comics and Zines".

I might just hammer out free character head sketches, yeah? Leave you folks with more money for comics, zines and print ;) Want something bigger with more detail? THEN we can talk.


---------------------------------------------------------------


The following weekend (Sunday 8th September back at The Edge, State Library of Queensland) I'll be chatting on the 'Well Drawn- Creator-Owned Comics' panel at 1pm, with Eddie Campbell, Zac Cameron- Smith and Dylan Horrocks, as part of the Brisbane Writers Festival. Very honoured and humbled to be involved, considering the massive line up. More details and how to book via the link above :D

More stuff soon as I come up for air.


No comments: