Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I just want to make it very clear to anyone who is kind enough to follow/support/purchase/be a fan of my work, that unless you see me selling it at a convention, mentioning/promoting it here on my account, or The Soldier Legacy Comic Book page, that anything that's out there that says I'm a part of their project and I'm not, then it's probably advisable to question the ethics and legitimacy of the release.

In the last year or so, I've supported Supanova's 'Tides of Hope', 'Beginnings Anthology', a 'Killeroo' Sketch cover, and a pin up in the San Diego Comic Con souvenir book, for which I thank for their inclusion of my work. These are outside of my gigs with publisher Black House Comics, which includes the back up feature on 'Dark Detective: Sherlock Holmes', my own series 'The Soldier Legacy' (including the use in the TV Commercial), and my sketchbooks/prints. Anything outside of this, which has my name attached, says it's using what is my copyrighted artwork, and is "coming soon", frankly hasn't sort my permission to use. I will consider my options, but in the meantime, I just wanted to express my thoughts to you guys as readers and consumers, who may or may not come across such works.

I thank you all for your continual support and will hopefully continue to support me in my current and future collaborations and projects. At the end of the day, I'm just one dude trying to do the right thing, improve, release the best possible work I can, and hopefully build a career of sorts that I can be proud of; I don't require the extra headache and time to deal with this.

Thank you, folks. Much love :)

No comments: