Monday, November 12, 2012

On an unrelated-to-comics note, I'm on my 4th Australian TKD Team :D

(Please excuse the self-indulgence of this post. It's not often I get to share this sort of news :) )
Random images below from recent seminar/Open National titles, where I've slowly started to get back into I.T.F Taekwon-do. A couple of Golds in the last couple of tournaments has allowed me a spot on the Australia team for the World Championships next year in South Korea.
Congratulations to all the successful practitioners to make the team, including some old friends, such as Coach Scott Bower, who was on the team with me in 2003 (who helped me get there in the first place), Sabum Nigel Paul and Sabum Andi Spark from 2005, and Sabum Gary King and Mrs Penny King who were on the 2005 and 2007 teams. Thank you to former coaches, current team over seers and close friends, Master Jamie Moore and Sabum Gary King. (All pictured below in among the fresh faces.)
Not including the 2010 team training before politics cancelled the team trip, this will be my forth stint in an Australian Taekwon-do team, the first one being almost ten years ago in Greece, 2003...

Man, I feel old.

Random images below for the curious. A little different to the Olympic-style (W.T.F...no really, that's the acronym), as you can see. Fun and games :)


The 2013 Australian junior, senior and veterans team.






Part of the "circle of death" ;P Sparring rounds, 1 vs all, here against one of my closest friends, Sabum Shane. Good to see him back in the dobok too. He was part of 2003, 2005 and 2007 teams as well, and a tornado of a fighter.




And some randoms from the past


2005

2005: Australian Team Power Breaking line-up. Bronze Medals :)


2007: First Round of Hyperweight Sparring

2007

2005 Team Sparring line-up


2005 team training. Yes, that's an idiot in a 'Punisher" tee-shirt ;P

No comments: